Sous Vide Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb mushrooms (e.g. maitake, shiitake, cremini, oyster, button, etc., cleaned, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (extra-virgin, very good quality)
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar (or white vinegar, or balsamic vinegar if you want some sweetness)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
Preheat your sous vide water bath to 80°C (176°F).
In a bowl, combine the mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Place the mushroom mixture in the bag and seal using the water displacement method, or use a vacuum sealer.
Lower the bagged mushrooms into the water bath and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove from the water bath and serve the mushrooms immediately.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg