Servings: 20 1 per serving
- 20 strips thick-cut bacon preferably 1/8" thick
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa cut into 3/8" thick disks
- 2 jalapeno peppers one sliced about 1/8" thick to put inside pig shots and one sliced very thinly for garnish when serving
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar/corn syrup
- 1 green onion stalk thinly sliced, for garnish
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, at room temperature
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 oz jalapeno cheddar cheese finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onion stalks thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp Ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp raw sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Prepare the rub by mixing the rub ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese with the rest of the cream cheese filling ingredients. Transfer to a medium Ziploc bag and refrigerate. Just before filling, cut off one corner making a 3/4" opening. You can also use a piping bag with a 3/4" tip.
Make bacon 'cups' by wrapping bacon strips around sausage slices and securing them with toothpicks.
Place a slice of jalapeno pepper at the bottom of each cup and drizzle about 1/2 tsp of maple syrup.
Fill the cups with the filling and sprinkle the rub generously on top.
Smoke with cherry, pecan or hickory smoke at 250F - 275F for 60-80 minutes, or until the bacon crisps up and acquires a nice color, and the tops are dark golden brown.
Serve hot, garnished with thin slices of jalapeno pepper and green onion.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 545mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 338IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg