Peach Dump Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 8-9 peaches fully ripe medium size; peeled, pitted and cut in halves
- 3 Tbsp cane sugar or brown sugar; optional
- 1 Tbsp brandy or cognac; optional but HIGHLY recommended
- 1/4 cup peach juice or any other juice such as mango
- 1 stick butter unsalted; melted + 1 Tbsp for greasing
- 2 cups cake mix see notes
Preheat oven to 375F.
Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
Place the peach halves with the brandy and sugar in a large bowl and mix.
Add the melted butter, the juice and mix.
Add the cake mix and stir gently so as not to break the peaches, until there is no dry flour left.
Dump the batter into the greased cake pan and spread evenly, keeping the peach halves cut side down.
Bake in the preheated oven until top of cake is golden brown for about 35-40 minutes, depending on your oven. You may want to check for doneness at 30 minutes.
Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
To make the homemade cake mix, combine the following:
- 1 1/3 cup cake flour (all purpose flour will work just fine, I do it all the time)
- 2/3 cup fine sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 0.8mg